Unison offers staff a range of benefits including:
- Above award wages
- Access to $15,900 of tax-free salary packaging arrangements, which can add significant value to earnings to eligible staff
- Monthly RDO for eligible full-time staff
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Leave loading payment
- Additional paid parental leave on top of government entitlements
- Learning and Development opportunities to ensure that not only do you have adequate skills to perform your current role, but that you also have the opportunity to enhance your work performance to meet your personal career direction
- Employee Assistance Program - we offer external free, professional, confidential counselling assistance to our staff who may need help with particular problems affecting their wellbeing - personally and in the workplace.
To assist us in the selection process and to ensure that your application is as strong as possible, please read the attached information for applicants to ensure your application meets all requirements. Unison offers positions to people on the basis of merit. This means staff qualifications, experience, skills and abilities are matched to the position requirements.
Unison is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals of diverse backgrounds including but not limited to those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, the LGBTIQ community and those living with a disability to apply.
Our current employment opportunities can be found below:
About the role:
As a key role working across the organisation, you will be directly responsible for overseeing the day-to-day facilities operations for hard and soft services. You will also be required to conduct regular safety, asset condition and maintenance inspections of the asset portfolio and ensure a smooth working relationship with all service providers, external contractors and internal customers.
The Facilities advisor will manage a geographical portfolio of assets and to ensure the services provided to assets are delivered in a timely manner, to appropriate standards and ensure value for money.
You will demonstrate a professional, dynamic and friendly customer focused attitude. You will be organising all aspects of building maintenance and essential services and ensure the smooth running of contractor operations and overall service delivery.
To be successful you will have proven prior experience coordinating a range of hard and soft services, including but not limited to HVAC, lifts, security, catering, cleaning and minor project works.
You will also possess the following:
- Excellent communication skills and previous experience liaising between management, contractors and stakeholders.
- Building services or maintenance experience
- Demonstrated experience adhering to and building upon an asset lifecycle schedule
- A trades background or relevant tertiary qualification is desired
- Previous roles in not-for-profits will be viewed favourably
- $68, 392.50 (plus super, salary packaging and 17.5% leave loading and company vehicle)
- Full time – Fixed term - 12 Month contract with potential for ongoing
For a full Position Description and instructions on how to apply, please visit the careers page of our website. www.unison.org.au
Please send your application addressing the key selection criteria to: email@example.com
You will have the opportunity to add value to both an established organisation with engaging culture with a potential for on-going placement.
- Closing date: Friday 14 November 2017
- Contact: Gary Whalley
- Contact phone: 0468474461
Human Resources Officer
About the role:
We are now offering a fantastic opportunity for a Human Resources Officer to play a key role in the continuing development and improvement of our organisation. Your approach to HR will be hands-on, with no task too small for your attention. Interpersonal skills of the highest order and excellent time management skills are vital. You will possess a can-do attitude, strong work ethic and the highest levels of professional integrity.
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager this position will work collaboratively with peers specifically focusing on supporting the organisation to implement a strategic approach to new human resources initiatives and developments that positively influence Unison’s profile, culture and overall performance.
To fill this position, we are looking for a qualified, experienced and dedicated person who sees themselves participating in an innovative environment and developing a best practice service with positive outcomes for staff and the organisation. A high level of energy and enthusiasm with a positive team-working approach is essential.
This role requires great people skills, relevant qualifications, the ability to influence, negotiate and build strong relationships and substantial relevant experience in a diverse and complex environment.
This is a dynamic and exciting organisation with a strong track record of staff support and engagement.
- Contracted part time position (22.8 hours per week – 3 days) until June 2018
- Salary 64,494.47 (Pro-Rata) (plus super, salary packaging and 17.5% leave loading)
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Free CBD onsite parkingPlease send your application addressing the key selection criteria to: firstname.lastname@example.org
A full Position Description can be found below and instructions on how to apply are on the careers page of our website. www.unison.org.au
- Closing date: 26th November 2017
- Contact: Amir Qajar
- Contact phone: 0411200510