Long Term Affordable and Social Housing
Taking care of your property is the shared responsibility of renters and Unison.
Unison, is responsible for repair and replacement of fixtures to your home. You are responsible for repairing any damage caused by wilful negligence or careless action by you, members of your household, pets and guests.
Reporting a Maintenance issue
If something in your home is damaged or broken please report it as soon as possible. Our maintenance team will do an assessment, and advise you of timelines and actions.
Urgent Repairs are repairs that can affect safety or security and need to be fixed straight away. Examples of these include:
- A blocked or broken toilet system
- A burst water service
- A serious roof leak
- A gas leak
- A dangerous electrical fault
- Flooding or serious flood damage
- Serious storm or fire damage
- A failure or breakdown of any essential service or appliance for hot water, water, cooking, heating or laundering
- Failure or breakdown of the Gas, Electricity or Water supply (Check with the supply company first to ensure the problem is not with them)
- Any fault or damage in the premises that makes the premises unsafe or insecure
- An appliance, fitting or fixture which is not working properly and causes substantial amount of water to be wasted
- A serious fault in a lift or staircase
These repairs must be responded to within 24 hours. For urgent repair issues or maintenance emergencies during business hours and afterhours please call 03 9349 0261.
Non-urgent Repairs are repairs that are not a threat to safety or damaging to the property such as a dripping tap, or a broken cupboard. The repairs must be resolved within 14 days. For non-urgent repairs please contact Unison via above number.
If there is an emergency at your property that presents an immediate risk to your safety or the safety of others – such as a fire, break in, gas leak, or if someone is hurt please call 000 for Police, Fire or Ambulance as required.