Taking care of your property is the shared responsibility of renters and Unison.
Unison, is responsible for repair and replacement of fixtures to your home. You are responsible for repairing any damage caused by wilful negligence or careless action by you, members of your household, pets and guests.
If you are renting a property which Unison manages and you experience a problem or fault with an essential service it is important you notify us quickly.
If you experience any of the following situations at your property:
- A burst water service
- A blocked or broken toilet system
- A serious roof leak
- A gas leak
- A dangerous electrical fault
- Flooding or serious flood damage
- Serious storm or fire damage
- A failure or breakdown of any essential service or appliance for hot water, water, cooking, heating or laundering
- Failure or breakdown of the Gas, Electricity or Water supply (Check with the supply
- company first to ensure the problem is not with them)
- Any fault or damage in the premises that makes the premises unsafe or insecure
- An appliance, fitting or fixture which is not working properly and causes substantial amount of water to be wasted
- A serious fault in a lift or staircase
Call us on 03 9371 2000 and report the problem immediately. If you call outside normal business hours, our After Hours Response Service will take your call and arrange for an appropriate service to attend.
If there is an emergency at your property that presents an immediate risk to your safety or the safety of others – such as a fire, break in, gas leak, or if someone is hurt please call 000 for Police, Fire or Ambulance as required.
You can let us know of anything that needs fixing around your home by completing a maintenance request form or by calling us on 03 9371 2000.