Unison is one year old!
Twelve months ago Yarra Community Housing and Urban Communities joined up to become Unison. The past 12 months have flown by and we thank our staff for their continued commitment, energy and contribution to our young organisation.
We would like to take this time to reflect on our achievements over the past year.
- Participation in Government policy formation in response to the homelessness crisis
- Increased support and improved outcomes for customers of homelessness services
- Commencement of the rooming house strategy with the sale of the first property and planning for two development projects to build modern self contained apartments for our vulnerable customers
- Development of the Tenancy Management Practice Framework and incorporating improved practices for tenancy management
- The purchase of 30 properties and land under the Rapid Housing Fund and H3 Wyndham Alliance to reduce homelessness
- Development of our 3 year Strategic Plan including key platforms Foster communities to create places for everyone and Grow the supply of affordable housing.
Our past 12 months is captured in our Annual Report.
We look forward to continuing to grow and develop, working alongside our partners to create communities that thrive and striving to make a positive difference in the current housing affordability and homelessness crisis.
Share this article
go to: all news