Help support the social and affordable housing sector by pursuing a career with one of the largest providers of services for homeless people or those at risk of homelessness in Melbourne’s north and west. We want to hear from you if you are looking for a career-enhancing role with a friendly and professional work environment where your contribution is valued.
Unison offers positions to individuals based on merit and where qualifications, experience, skills and abilities match the position requirements. Please send a current resume and cover letter addressing the key selection criteria to apply for any advertised roles.
Unison is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Unison encourages individuals from diverse backgrounds to join our workforce.
Unison staff benefits
- Access to $15,900 of tax-free salary packaging arrangements, which can add significant value to the earnings of eligible staff.
- Monthly RDO for eligible full-time staff.
- Five weeks of annual leave.
- 17.5% leave loading payment.
- Additional paid parental leave on top of Government entitlements.
- Learning and Development opportunities to ensure that you have the adequate skills to perform your current role, and the opportunity to enhance your work performance to meet your career direction.
- Employee Assistance Program.
Current employment opportunities:
Place Manager - Patch 6
Opportunity to work within our dynamic teams to deliver high quality tenancy and property management services to a diverse range of people.
About the role
Reporting to the Team Leader, you will deliver high quality tenancy and property management services. This includes actively working towards sustaining successful tenancies for a diverse range of people, many of whom have complex needs.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- End-to-end property management such as arrears management, routine inspections, represent Unison at VCAT.
- Ensure that properties are maintained to a high standard
- Effectively manage rent for all properties in the portfolio
- Work with the Team Leader in allocating people to vacancies
- Arranging and participating in house meetings and leading place making events
- Work closely with housing support workers to facilitate positive outcomes for clients
To make this role a success, we are seeking a person with:
- Qualifications in Social Work, Community Development, Social Sciences, or experience in the Housing or Real Estate sector
- Knowledge and understanding of the Victorian Residential Tenancies Act
- Highly experienced in working effectively and sensitively with a broad range of clients, including those with high and complex support needs and behaviours
- Ability to listen, understand and act with a solution focused approach
- Possess a current full Victorian driver’s licence
- Undergo relevant screening checks
- Permanent Full-time position
- Salary $84,421.48 per annum (plus super, salary packaging and 17.5% leave loading)
- 5 weeks annual leave with 17.5% annual leave loading
- Salary packaging of up to $15,900 tax free
- Rostered day off option for eligible staff
- Supportive working arrangements
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program for independent and confidential counselling
- Apply through our recruitment platform by clicking on this link Place Manager Patch 6
- Your application should include a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria which can be located in the Position Description attached below
- Questions about the role or the recruitment process can be directed to email@example.com
- This position will commence immediately, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We will review applications as they come in so if you meet the requirements of this role, please APPLY immediately.
- The successful applicant will be required to undertake a Police Check and a Working with Children Check.
Unison is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals of diverse backgrounds including but not limited to those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, the LGBTIQ+ communities and those living with a disability to apply.
*Only shortlisted candidates will be advised of the application outcome.
*** Recruitment Agencies please note: This recruitment assignment is being managed directly by our Unison People team. Your respect for this process is appreciated.