Unison offers staff a range of benefits including:
- Access to $15,900 of tax-free salary packaging arrangements, which can add significant value to earnings to eligible staff
- Monthly RDO for eligible full-time staff
- 5 weeks annual leave
- 17.5% Leave loading payment
- Additional paid parental leave on top of government entitlements
- Learning and Development opportunities to ensure that you have the adequate skills to perform your current role, and the opportunity to enhance your work performance to meet your personal career direction
- Employee Assistance Program
Unison offers positions to people on the basis of merit. This means staff qualifications, experience, skills and abilities are matched to the position requirements. To apply for any of the roles below, applicants should send a current resume and a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria.
Unison is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to the safety of both our clients and staff and engaging in a diverse workforce. Unison encourages individuals of diverse backgrounds, including but not limited to, those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse and the LGBTIQ+ communities to join our workforce.
Current employment opportunities:
General Manager, UPC
About the role
Unison Property Corporation (UPC) is a non-for-profit entity related to Unison established to conduct commercial activities to generate financial support to Unison and offer additional service offerings to clients.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, and with the support of a team of three direct reports, the role is responsible for the strategic planning, growth, and overall operational and financial performance of UPC.
Key accountabilities include:
- Provide leadership and support to staff
- Manage the effective provision of UPC services
- Ensure adherence and compliance with all relevant acts, regulations, statutory authorities and regulatory bodies.
To make this role a success, we are seeking a person with:
- Tertiary qualification(s) in a relevant discipline such as Business, Management, or Finance.
- Commitment to social justice and to promote and model the values of Unison in all interactions with employees, tenants and clients, and the broader community.
- Positive and inclusive leadership style and approach to team management.
- Show initiative, be a self-starter and work autonomously.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to negotiate and positively influence a range of stakeholders.
- Extensive experience in leading, managing and developing a team.
- Permanent, Full-time position
- 4 weeks annual leave with 17.5% annual leave loading
- Base Salary of $130,000 per year, plus superannuation
- Salary packaging option of up to $15,900 tax free
- Access to $10K bonus [subject to the achievement of agreed KPIs]
- We will review applications as they come in so if you meet the requirements of this role, please apply immediately.
- For a full Position Description and instructions on how to apply, please visit the careers page of our website unison.org.au
- Send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org addressing the selection criteria, along with a cover letter outlining why you think you would be a good fit for the role.
- The successful applicant will be required to undertake a Police Check and a Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Unison is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals of diverse backgrounds including but not limited to those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, the LGBTIQ+ communities and those living with a disability to apply.
*Only shortlisted candidates will be advised of the application outcome.
*** Recruitment Agencies please note: This recruitment assignment is being managed directly by the Unison People team. Your respect for this process is appreciated.