Join Unison’s Tenant Advisory Group today!
>> Are you 18 or over and have been a tenant with Unison for at least one year?
>> Do you want to help Unison deliver the best possible services to meet tenant’s needs?
If you answered yes to these questions, we want to hear from you!
Unison’s Tenant Advisory Group is looking for new members. Read on to find out more.
What is the Tenant Advisory Group (TAG)?
The Tenant Advisory Group (TAG) is a forum for tenants to provide advice to Unison on how to best meet the needs of tenants and improve how Unison operates.
TAG meets every two months to discuss and provide advice on:
- Ways to improve services like the quality of cleaning services or common property problems
- Policies, to get the best outcomes for tenants while meeting the needs of the organisation
- Ideas about how to improve tenant participation in the organisation and broader community
TAG reports to the Unison Board twice a year on the organisation’s performance, and the Unison CEO and Board members attend TAG meetings.
Why join TAG?
Being a TAG member is an opportunity for you to represent the interests of tenants, have a voice, and have an influence on matters that affect Unison tenants.
TAG helps to improve services, have input into the way Unison is run and creates opportunities for tenant participation. TAG members also benefit from access to training and other skill development opportunities.
Any current tenant who is over 18 and has been a tenant for at least one year is eligible to apply to become a member of TAG.
To become a TAG member, you need to fill out an application form, explaining why you want to become involved.
TAG members are appointed for a two-year term. At the end of the two-year term, TAG members can re-apply to continue on the group two times, with a maximum term of six years. This is to make sure that as many tenants as possible have the chance to participate and have their say.
Participants in TAG are expected to attend five to six meetings a year. Meetings will go for two hours, and TAG members are expected to contribute to the discussions, share their ideas and listen respectfully to the ideas of others.
|Click here to download
the application form
How are members of TAG chosen?
TAG members are chosen by a selection panel, based on their application and an informal interview. The selection panel is looking for tenants who have:
- A desire to improve the quality of housing provided and the lives of tenants
- Good communications skills including the ability to listen respectfully to others, express ideas clearly, and raise issues in meetings
- Respect for others including understanding and tolerance for diverse perspectives and experiences
- The ability to take practical measures into consideration and weigh competing interests
Want more information?
If you want more information on TAG or need help completing the application form please contact your Place Manager. They can help you complete the form.
If you’d prefer to talk to an independent person please contact Nina McLean on (03) 9349 0257.
Are there other ways I can be involved?
There are lots of ways to become involved with Unison and have your say about your property or the organisation’s policies and operations. These include:
- House meetings
- Raising ideas, requests or concerns with your Place Manager
- Giving feedback via the website
- Discussing issues with a TAG member
Share this article