Long Term Affordable and Social Housing
Unison is carefully monitoring developments related to the Coronavirus pandemic. Based on guidance from the Australian and State Governments and health authorities, we are making some changes to the way we work to protect you, our staff and the community.
This resource page is designed for residents of our long-term housing programs (social and affordable housing). You will find here policies, brochures, forms and links to important websites. If you are seeking information that is currently not on the website or have any questions about these documents, please don't hesitate to contact your Place Manager.
Tenant Resources and Policies
Unison complies with all relevant legislative and regulatory requirements. The following section features resources and policies that apply to and impact our tenants.
- Allocations Policy
- Alterations and Modifications Policy
- Anti-Social Behaviours and Breaching Policy
- Bond Policy
- Change in Circumstances
- Complaints Policy
- Eligibility Policy
- Ending a Tenancy Policy
- Furniture Supply Long Term Housing Policy
- Maintenance and Repairs Policy
- Place Management Property Inspection Policy
- Rent Arrears Policy
- Rent Policy
- Resident Meetings Policy
- Right of Entry Policy
- Tenancy Sign Up Policy
- Tenant Damage Policy
- Welfare Checking Policy
- Unison's Staff Code of Conduct: Unison’s Staff Code of Conduct outlines the standards of behaviour expected of all Unison employees. It aims to establish a code of professional ethics in the workplace that are consistent with Unison’s purpose, values and objectives.
Frequently Asked Questions about Rental Payment
We have developed an FAQ about rental payment to assist you. Please click here to find out more.
Tenant Information - Victoria
- EPA (Environment Protection Authority Victoria) – Annoyed by noise booklet
- Residential Tenancies Renting Rights and Responsibilities
- Consumer Affairs
- Tenants Victoria
Tenant Information - South Australia
- Civil and Administrative Tribunal (SACAT)
- Consumer and Business Services (CBS)
- Tenants Information and Advocacy Services
- Shelter SA
Unison is a not-for-profit organisation. Our members are important stakeholders with particular rights. Members appoint board directors and are able to vote at company general meetings. Membership is free. The Unison member factsheet provides more information.
To apply for membership complete the Unison membership form. If you would like further information call in to your nearest Unison office or contact Nina on 03 9349 0257.